This soup was easy and amazing. My husband and I really enjoyed all the flavors in this creamy soup. Perfect for the start of fall… which is tomorrow! Can you believe fall is here already? I was trying so hard to hold on to summer and enjoy the sunny days and heat. Yesterday I finally admitted to myself that I am ready for fall. Let’s break out the jeans, boots, rainy days, beautiful colors and soups! I hope you enjoy the season switch, this tasty recipe and the photos.
Curried Carrot Coconut Soup (Recipe from Sunset’s “Fast & Fresh”)
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. yellow curry paste (I found a great paste at Uwajimaya)
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. baby carrots, chopped (I used regular carrots from the Beaverton Market)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 0z.) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt (I used Tillamook’s Farm Style Greek)
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped cilantro
Melt butter in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook onion, garlic, curry paste, cayenne and salt until fragrant (about 2 mins.). Add carrots and broth and cook, covered, until carrots are very tender (about 12 mins.). Puree soup until very smooth. Stir in coconut milk and heat through. Mix yogurt and cilantro and serve with soup.