There are seven reasons why you need to visit Nel Centro!
- The French and Italian Rivera cuisine that chef John Eisenhart prepares for his guests is excellent.
- Art! The art in and around the restaurant (including inside Hotel Modera) is awesome. The restaurant is nestled between the Keller and the Schnitz- so it’s the perfect spot for dinner and a show.
- Nathaniel Stout creates some fun cocktails that represent what is playing at the local theatres. For example the bubbly cocktail, “The Magic Flute” (Prosecco, Nardini Acqua di Cedro and Grapefruit Bitters) is a special creation for the Portland Opera that will make you sing.
- The atmosphere is perfect for a night out in Portland and the patio is beautiful, equipped with fire pits and all.
- They have a game/meeting room that has a life-size Connect Four game! (Plus other fun games.)
- The restaurant is actually pronounced Nel “Chen-tro” …add that ‘H’ in there when you talk to your servers and they will certainly be impressed.
- Because Nel Centro is celebrating their 7th anniversary- and everyone loves lucky number seven.
A bonus reason… if you have a few too many Magic Flutes you can stay the night in the luxurious Hotel Modera. Try to stay on the third floor where you’ll see black and white photos of Portland hanging on the walls from yours truly. 😉 Nel Centro is located at the bottom of Hotel Modera, 1408 SW 6th Ave.